As a real estate investor, it is important to thoroughly research a market before buying a property. Meridian Pacific Properties (Meridian), the leader in build-to-rent properties in the greater Memphis area, performed research on more than 360 of the nation’s largest Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSA’s), carefully examining the potential submarkets and properties before setting up its headquarters. Many markets showed up strongly in our analysis in one or two major categories, but we eliminated them because of their shortcomings in others. In the end, Memphis stood out as having the best potential to optimize returns and minimize risk.
To provide long-term appreciation and immediate cash flow to investors, Meridian builds new-construction homes in up-and-coming suburbs of Memphis. Horn Lake, Mississippi, is a fantastic location about 20 minutes south of Memphis and is highly attractive to real estate investors. In this article, we will provide more information about Horn Lake and Meridian’s new-home community, Nicole Place.
About Horn Lake, MS:
- Location: Horn Lake is located in the northern part of Mississippi, near the border with Tennessee. It is part of the Memphis metropolitan area and is about 17 miles south of downtown Memphis.
- Population: The population of Horn Lake is around 27,000 residents, but population figures can change over time.
- History: Horn Lake was originally settled in the early 1800s and was primarily an agricultural community. Over the years, it has undergone significant growth and development, becoming a thriving Memphis suburb.
- Community: Horn Lake is known for its strong sense of community and family-friendly atmosphere. The city offers diverse recreational facilities, parks, and various community events to engage residents.
- Economy: The local economy of Horn Lake is diverse, with a mix of small businesses, retail establishments, and industrial sectors contributing to the city’s economic growth.
- Recreation: The city offers various recreational opportunities for residents and visitors alike. There are parks, sports facilities, and nearby outdoor attractions for those who enjoy outdoor activities.
- Education: The DeSoto County School District serves the families in Horn Lake. The district operates several schools in the city, including elementary, middle, and high schools.
- Transportation: The city’s proximity to Memphis offers convenient access to various transportation routes, including Interstate 55, which runs through Horn Lake.
Horn Lake, MS, Housing Market:
- Housing Market: The housing market in Horn Lake is considered relatively affordable compared to some neighboring areas, making it an attractive option for homebuyers and real estate investors looking for more affordable options within the Memphis metropolitan area.
- Home Prices: The median home price in Horn Lake varies depending on the neighborhood and property type. As with any real estate market, prices fluctuate based on supply and demand factors.
- Housing Types: The city offers various housing types, including single-family homes, townhouses, and some apartment complexes. The majority of residential properties in Horn Lake are single-family homes.
- New Construction: There are new housing developments and new construction projects underway in certain areas of Horn Lake, which demonstrate the city’s growth and development.
- Rental Market: Horn Lake has a strong rental market for those who prefer to rent rather than buy. Rental prices vary based on property size, location, and amenities.
- Neighborhoods: Horn Lake has several neighborhoods, each with its own character and features. Some neighborhoods are known for their family-friendly environment, while others offer amenities nearby.
- Real Estate Agents: To navigate the real estate market effectively, many buyers and sellers work with real estate agents who are familiar with the local market and may assist with finding suitable properties or marketing homes for sale.
*** Real Estate Investors: This location is excellent for real estate investors who wish to purchase a high-quality home at an affordable price and attract high-quality tenants.
Rental Properties in Horn Lake, MS:
- This represents the final opportunity for investors to purchase a home in one of Horn Lake, Mississippi’s premier neighborhoods, Nicole Place.
- There are 30 total homes in Nicole Place. Currently, there are only four properties remaining for sale.
- Nicole Place is a large, established neighborhood conveniently located off Nail Road and within commuting distance of the area’s biggest employers. The remaining homes feature modern, livable floor plans that are adaptable to the needs of today’s homeowners. Spacious, usable backyards offer plenty of room for everything from hosting a barbecue to playing catch.
- Sales Price: Starting at $325,000.
- Estimated Rental Prices: $1900+ per month.
Job and Economic Growth for Horn Lake:
- Proximity to Memphis: Horn Lake’s location near Memphis provides residents with access to a larger job market. Many people in Horn Lake commute to Memphis for work, taking advantage of the diverse employment opportunities in the larger city of Memphis.
- Commercial and Retail Growth: Horn Lake has seen an increase in commercial and retail development, leading to job openings in various industries such as retail sales, customer service, and management.
- Industrial and Distribution Centers: The city’s strategic location along major transportation routes, including Interstate 55, has attracted industrial and distribution centers. These facilities create jobs in logistics, warehouse management, and transportation.
- Healthcare Sector: The healthcare industry is often a significant source of employment in many regions, including Horn Lake. As the city’s population grows, there is an increasing demand for healthcare services, resulting in job opportunities for medical professionals, support staff, and administrative roles.
- Education: As the city’s population expands, so does the demand for educational services. Jobs in the education sector, including teaching positions and administrative roles, are likely to grow in response to population increases.
- Service Industries: With the growth in population and commercial activity, there are job opportunities in various service industries such as hospitality, restaurants, and entertainment.
Horn Lake is an Easy Commute:
- Highways: Horn Lake is well-connected to major highways, with Interstate 55 being the major route passing through the city. This interstate provides convenient access to Memphis, as well as other destinations north and south of Horn Lake.
- Memphis International Airport: Horn Lake is located within a reasonable distance from Memphis International Airport (MEM), which serves as the primary airport for the entire Memphis MSA. MEM offers domestic and international flights, making air travel accessible for residents of Horn Lake and the surrounding communities.
- Public Transportation: While Horn Lake itself does not have an extensive public transportation system, the Memphis metropolitan area has a public bus system known as the Memphis Area Transit Authority (MATA). Depending on your location in Horn Lake, you may be able to access bus routes that connect to Memphis.
- Trains: As of my last update, Horn Lake did not have its own passenger train service. However, Memphis, being a major metropolitan area, has a central Amtrak station called Central Station. This station provides passenger train services connecting Memphis to various destinations across the United States.
- Car Accessibility: Horn Lake is a car-oriented city, and most residents rely on private vehicles for daily transportation. The layout of the city and its proximity to major highways make it convenient for commuters and travelers to access various destinations.
- Rideshare and Taxis: Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are generally available in the Memphis metropolitan area, including Horn Lake, providing additional transportation options for residents and visitors.
Thorough research is a crucial step for real estate investors before purchasing property. Meridian conducts extensive research on Metropolitan Statistical Areas (MSAs) to identify the best investment opportunities. Ultimately, Memphis emerged as a standout market with the potential to optimize returns and mitigate risks.
Horn Lake, Mississippi, located just 20 minutes south of Memphis, holds immense appeal for real estate investors. With its strong sense of community, diverse economy, and recreational opportunities, Horn Lake offers an ideal environment for families and renters alike. Notably, Meridian’s new-home community, Nicole Place, presents an excellent opportunity for investors with its modern, adaptable floor plans and convenient location near major employers.
Moreover, Horn Lake’s job market exhibits promising growth, attributed to its proximity to Memphis, flourishing commercial and retail sectors, and strategic presence of industrial and distribution centers. As the city’s population expands, there will be increased demand for services, resulting in employment opportunities across various sectors.
In conclusion, Horn Lake, Mississippi, emerges as a thriving real estate investment destination, and Meridian Pacific Properties is well-positioned to guide investors towards successful opportunities in this promising market. Please contact the Meridian sales team for investor proformas and white-glove support.